If you did not get a free upgrade by now for your cruise or you would simply like to have an upgraded cabin at an affordable price, you may get your hands on a good deal at the cruise port. A lot of cruise companies will provide upgrades on that specific day of the cruise which may save you a lot of money, depending on your present cabin or the upgrade you have chosen. Cruise deals at the port are generally provided on a first-come-first-served basis, but if you have knowledge about the proper steps you may increase your chances of getting one.
1. Take your credit card with you having a limit of high enough to be able to pay for such an upgrade. As soon as you will be on board the vessel, you will be using your credit card for paying for any on board fees. Be certain your credit limit may accommodate the upgrade and the other expenses. If it will not and you will wish to get a deal at the cruise port, you may get in touch with the credit card company for asking for an increase or you may bring your own credit card.
2. Try to be as early as you can at the port. A lot of people are trying to purchase discounted upgrades at the port, so making sure you are at the head of line may be a good idea. Try to take the earliest airplane if possible or maybe you can arrive the night before the cruise departure and take a room at the nearest hotel close to your cruise port. Instead of using the bus provided by the cruise company, where you will probably have to stay in the middle of a crowd, you can book your own limousine if money is not a problem, or you may even rent a car through town.
3. When you will be entering the cruise port, as where you will have to go for knowing more about an upgrade it deal. Sometimes you can probably do this in the check-in line, but certain cruise companies will most sometimes require you to go to the desk supervisor. If you will be knowing this in advance, you may get your hands on a good deal from the supervisor while others will wait at the check line.
4. If there may be no cruise deals available whatsoever, you may ask if something will be open up later. If other people purchased upgrades well ahead before you and they are being processed, their old cabins may become available as soon as the paperwork will be done. If you should be in a very low category, their cabins may be better than your cabin. If is even possibly to get a deal on one of them if you should ask later.
5. If you will not be able to get a deal at the port, it is best if you should ask if anything will be available after you will be on board the cruise ship. As soon as everyone will be on board and the vessel has left the cruise port, you might even discover that some passengers canceled in the very last minute or did not show up at all. The purser might allow you to upgrade your cabin to one of their empty staterooms at a cheaper price.